Annual General Meeting Minutes – 26th March 2023
Second Annual General Meeting of The Irish Austin Seven Club clg took place on Sunday 26th March 2022 at 1:00 pm at Maldron Hotel, Portlaoise.
CHAIRMAN Declan Grogan
1. Record of those in attendance: Michael Rigney, Alan Nason, Valerie Cuddy, Declan Grogan, William Cuddy, Chris O’Mahony, Tony Dowling, Maureen Dowling, Denis Cronin, Richard Cronin, Paddy Judge, Liam O’Connor, Paul Cahill, Diarmuid Murray, Olene Megaw, Raymond Megaw, Tommy Sheridan, Paul Noctor and Michael Morrissey. (19)
2. Apologies for non-attendance: Peter Miller, Hazel Miller, Peadar Ward, Laurence Roe, David Cuddy, Basil McCoy, Richard P O’Brien, Patrick Dwyer and Ian Clayton (9)
3. 21 day Notice of Meeting was sent to all members by ordinary post and by e-mail.
4. Honorary Treasurer Chris O’Mahony reported that total income was €1,004 where members’ subscriptions received were €705. Expenditure of €163 left a surplus for the year €841. The bank funds to hand are €2,373 represented by revenue reserves of a like amount. Corporate sponsorship covered most of the operational costs of the Club. The accounting records are in order and the independent chartered accountants’ report so confirms. On money matters, annual subscriptions are payable by the end of March please.
5. Honorary Secretary William Cuddy advised that our membership has now grown to 46 members. We have an active and timely website voluntarily managed by Michael Beeney. We issued an annual newsletter under the banner The Irish Seven Times – Spring 2023. We seek membership attendance and help in promoting and recruiting new members. We have a general call to interested people who would plan a route that is suitable for our cars, one with safe and scenic roads and a couple of interesting spots for a rest and a chatter. The secretary thanked members for their attendance, support and encouragement.
6. President Michael Rigney thought that for a newly formed club, our events were reasonably well supported in 2022. He thanked our hosts: Ian Clayton for the Sheep’s Head run in April, the late Wesley Lamont for the Loughgall centenary celebration in May and Geoffrey Livingstone for the Armagh run on the day following and Chris O’Mahony for the Innishannon run in June. He was pleased that six cars attended the 100 years of the Austin Seven week in July at Moreton-in-Marsh.
7. The meeting adopted the second financial statements for 18 months ended 31st December 2020 which were sent previously to all members via e-mail.
It is with regret we record the recent death of Wesley Lamont Ballyclare NI. To his family and friends, we extend our sincere condolences. May his soul rest in peace.
9. Resignation of Directors:
Richard P O’Brien resigned as a director.
Chris O’Mahony resigned as a director and honorary treasurer.
Paul Cahill resigned as a director and membership secretary.
10 Election of a Director
Michael Morrissey was appointed a director and will fill the vacancy of honorary treasurer. The board of directors now comprise of Denis Cronin, William Cuddy, Patrick Dwyer, Declan Grogan, Michael Morrissey and Michael Rigney.
11. Cuddy, O’Leary & Rigney, Chartered Accountants, were re-appointed Independent Honorary Accountants for the coming year.
12. Election of Officers
13. Agreed Events for 2023
|16th April||West Cork||Chris O’Mahony|
|20th/21st May||Armagh||Ulster Pre-War Austin Club | Geoffrey Livingstone|
|24th/25th June||Rosscarbery||Basil McCoy|
|1st/2nd July||Athy Circuit||Declan Grogan|
|6th August||Stradbally||William Cuddy|
|2nd/3rd September||Carlow||Declan Grogan|
|2nd October||Cahir||Colin Pressey|
14. SUBSCRIPTIONS: Annual €10 fee and daily €5 fee agreed. To our 11 members who each paid €20 already, they will be considered as paid up for 2024.
15. The Helping Hand annual award was presented to Anthony and Maureen Dowling.
16. Chairman Declan Grogan was pleased at the large attendance and thanked absentees for extending apologies. He asked for support in attending the planned events for 2021. He paid tribute to three retiring directors for their service. He thanked Chris O’Mahony, outgoing honorary treasurer for keeping a watchful eye on financial matters and the handing over to his successor, a structured system of accounting. To Paul Cahill, special thanks for keeping a solid record of members particulars, the foundation on which we intend to build. He expressed appreciation to our sponsors for taking up the greater proportion of our costs. He wished Michael Morrissey well on his appointment as director and honorary treasurer. He congratulated Anthony & Maureen Dowling on a well-deserved accolade – Helping Hand trophy. The four quarterly magazines of The Austin Seven Clubs Association are available to take away. He spoke briefly of the introduction of E10 fuel where pre 1990 vehicles have issues with fuel lines and tanks. Members will be notified 10 days in advance of each event by e-mail. He looked forward to meeting with members in the coming year and thanked them for their support.
There being no further business appropriate to an annual general meeting, the meeting then ended.